Providence, Rhode Island
Project: Historic Restoration and Reuse
Area: 22,100 square feet
Built circa 1875 for jewelry manufacturer Curry & Richards, this four-story compound in Providence’s historic Pine Street District had been re-purposed many times in the decades that followed. Before restoration by Saccoccio & Associates, the two buildings comprising the mill were in a sad state of disrepair, but slated for conversion to condominiums. Windows were restored or replaced to conform to historic guidelines, masonry was cleaned and re-pointed, and timber elements were reused to enhance the “industrial loft” feel of the 18 living units. This project benefited from Historic Tax Credits.